The goal of the Samoa Cocoa Export Development Initiative is to ensure sustainable growth of the cocoa sub-sector through increased investment.
In particular, the Initiative aims to increase returns to cocoa farmers, as well as to increase the volume of cocoa exports through a sustainable production and quality management base.
An industry led programme, in co-ordination with Samoan Government agencies.
Delivery partners and support from:
The outcomes we want to achieve
- Healthier trees producing more cocoa pods at harvest
- Samoan cocoa meets international best practice standards
- Sustainable and profitable supply partnerships with international chocolate manufacturers
- Samoan farmers, industry and the Samoan economy earn more money from an expanded cocoa export sector
- A globally well connected, highly co-ordinated Samoan cocoa industry
Find out more
Find out about The Four Samoan Cocoa Opportunities.
Download free issues of the Koko Bulletin (PDF).
We aim to publish a Koko Bulletin at least quarterly to keep you updated and informed about the Initiative’s progress.
The Project Team
Stay up to date on Facebook: www.facebook.com/samoacocoainitiative