We may, from time to time, review and update this policy, including taking account of new or amended laws, new technology and/or changes to our operations. All personal information held by us will be governed by the most recently updated policy.
When you visit our website or use our services, we collect personal information to enable setrvice delivery. Personal information submitted to The AgriChain Centre is collected and managed according to the provisions of the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993, and the European General Data Protection Regulation where appropriate.
Visits to our websites are recorded and logged anonymously (via Cookies). This anonymous information is used to compile statistical information about the use of our website to assist in maintaining our website services. It is not used for any other purposes. If you do not want cookies to be used, please adjust your browser settings to disable them.. The following data is collected anonymously and supplied by the service user’s browser and Google Analytics;
- IP address and/or domain name
- Operating system (type of browser and platform)
- Date, time and length of the visit to the website
- Resources/pages accessed
Personally Identifiable Data
We collect personally identifiable data in order to provide you with our business services, sucha as name, email address, phone number, or other identifying information as required.
How We Use Your Data
Where we collect personal information, whether anonymous or personally identifiable, we’ll only process it:
- To perform a contract with you.
- Where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they’re not overridden by your rights.
- In accordance with a legal obligation.
- Where we have your consent.
We use your personal data to operate our website and provide you with our services, and to manage our relationship with you. We may also use your personal data to:
Communicate with you via email, telephone, or physically.
This may include:
- providing you with information you’ve requested from us (like training or education materials) or information we are required to send to you.
- operational communications, like assistance with using our services.
- marketing communications in accordance with your marketing preferences
- asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are c
Enhance our website and services, or develop new services.
For example, by tracking and monitoring your use of our website and services so we can carry out technical analysis of our websites and services to optimise your user experience and provide you with more efficient tools.
We may use the personal data we collect about you and other users of our website and to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports.
Protect our business and your data.
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- Third party service providers and partners where sharing personal data is necessary to maintain services, such as our website.
- Regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure.
- An actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business.
- Other people where we have your consent.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
It’s your personal data and you have certain rights relating to it. When it comes to marketing communications, you can ask us not to send you these at any time – just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication, or contact us to request removal form any marketing subscriptions.
You also have rights to:
- know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date
- request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it
- object to our continued processing of your personal data
We will investigate your complaint and try to get back to you within a reasonable time frame. You can also complain to your local data protection authority. They will be able to advise you how to submit a complaint.